|Information Regarding Student-Led Clubs
Warren Township High School offers over 90 different clubs, teams and intramural opportunities for students. We believe that
WTHS has something for everyone within our existing programs.
WTHS is a large school with a very diverse student body with a wide range of interests. If you have an idea for a club that does not currently exist or is not closely related to an existing program, below are the procedures for proposing a new student-led organization. Students may initiate the formation of non curricular groups according to the parameters of the Equal Access Act. These groups may be related to religious, political, philosophical or other interests.
|Student initiated groups must adhere to the guidelines listed below:
- Interested student leaders of these groups must secure an unpaid school-approved staff member to attend meetings as a monitor acting only in a custodial non-participatory role. It is the responsibility of the initiating student(s) to find a willing staff member to volunteer to be a supervisor.
- No district resources shall be used to support these groups beyond the incidental cost of providing a space for student-initiated meetings.
- These groups may meet only during non-instructional time (before school, during lunch time or after school).
- These groups must be student initiated, student sponsored and student led.
- These groups may not use the school name or mascot in connection with any fundraising activities, raise funds at school or be portrayed in school-sponsored publications. These groups will not be provided any funding by the district beyond the incidental cost of providing a classroom for meeting space.
- Complete the Application for Status as a School Student Organization
- Once the application is completed, the Activity Director will schedule a meeting to discuss the proposal. Meetings are scheduled within 2 weeks of submitting an application. Completion of the application does not constitute approval.
- Applications must be resubmitted on an annual basis. Prior approval does not guarantee approval for future school years.
- Applications for Status as a School Student Organization are accepted beginning August 1st through October 15th for the current school year.
- If approved, these groups must adhere to the following to maintain their status for the current year:
- All meetings must be scheduled online via a facility request at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
- Any announcements regarding meeting must be submitted by the staff volunteer. Announcements will not be read if there is not an approved facility request.
- Meeting attendance is to be taken in accordance with established procedures for meeting attendance of all other student organizations.